Tuesday, 9 April 2013

up with the birds!

Hello everyone and good morning!  Well this morning I was literally up with the birds.  The dog woke early barking away downstairs and then the kids were up at 5.30am!  Thank goodness they are still on holiday.  I took the dog out to the garden in a semi conscious state but listened to the most beautiful chorus of birds awakening.  Truly beautiful and I would have missed that had Mr Dog not woke us all up!


Last night I was star gazing in the garden and spotted the "plough".  So in celebration of that (?) I can now reveal my finished mini quilt for the Modern She Made Swap.  The theme was stars!  So it is quite self explanatory what I have done.

She is called "Radiant Nova" and basically is an exploding, brightening star.

Fabrics used - triflora Anna Maria Horner, Type, Twinkle, Twinkle (Constellations @Lizzy House). Black and white Sketch and various little scraps for triangles. Binding - Kei Honeycomb dots. 

Love the quilting pattern on the back.

Last week I was also fortunate enough to splurge on some new fabrics. 



Top fabric pic - Liberty, Mama said Sew, Script, Vines (Valentina Ramos).
Bottom pic - Posy ( Aneela Hoey - love the bunnies),Marmalade Bloom in Lemon, On point in peachy, Rattan in blush - Lillybelle.

The colours are lovely and Spring like.  We just need the weather to heat up now!  Off to plot what to make next! 
Collette xx

8 comments:

  1. If you have been star gazing and up with the dawn chorus then you must be tired! I love your mini and the quilting you have done around the stars. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh! like your fabrics and your star. Its amazing.. when it is school time NOTHING short of a bomb blast gets the kids up and going... holiday time ANYTHING will get them up early! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab mini C! And a lovely bundle of fabrics to keep you going! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design and quilting are working together to make a spectacular block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved following your progress with the star on IG - it's gorgeous and while I loathe getting up early once up, it really is the best time of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I want that mini quilt, it's sooo pretty :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Mini! I have to get up to let the puppy out at the weekend but hubby does it when he's working so that gives me a few more zzzzz's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5.30!!!! Love the nova mini. Is your daughter old enough for brownies? They do a star gazing badge and I did it with my eldest:learnt so much stuff about constellations

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!