Wednesday, 22 May 2013

busy as a bee

Oh dear blog friends I have been neglecting you and I am so very sorry!  This week has been too busy for my liking.  Grass to cut, exercise to keep up with ( day 19 now!), kids to raise, sewing, visit to my mum yesterday, Sport's day tomorrow etc, etc, etc.!

So something had to give and unfortunately  it was the blog for a few days :(.  Never fear though because I have been sewing and thinking about sewing.

The baby churn dash is almost finished.  I am hand stitching the binding down just now and then after a wash and dry it should be ready to be added to my Etsy store!

I quilted this one in an echo of the plaid fabric.  Time consuming but lovely.


I was working on a commission order for a cafetiere cosy last week for a lady in New Zealand.  Can't wait to hear from her!



I also ordered some beautiful, soft Kona cotton solids which make lovely linings in my camera cases among other things and some more to add to my stash. 


I have lots of new projects in my head at the moment but no time to start any!  Isn't it always the way? 

Anyway I will be off for now.   Hope you are enjoying the slightly warmer weather!
Collette x



9 comments:

  1. Love your churn dash - it already looks well loved with it's muted tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous quilt and I love your quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting looks brilliant! Nice solids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. And the close up shot shows what nice fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out brilliantly. The quilting is lovely. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great churn dash quilt C! I'm sure it will get snapped up! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good with that lovely quilting.
    and I love the colours you have gone for, in the kona. Look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your churn dash is really pretty Collete - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!