Wednesday, 19 June 2013

A finish!

Remember these?





They came flying through my door made by my lovely friends in our Hipbees quilting bee.  I sent them my precious Field Study fabric and they returned many gorgeous blocks like this. 

Well yesterday I stitched the last stitch of hand binding, popped her in the washing machine ( with a colour catcher just in case!)  and line dried her.  


Thank you so much to all my Hipbee buddies for helping me turn Field Study into a beautiful quilt all for me.  This is the first quilt I have ever made just purely for me!






Even the dog tried to get in on this one!  My eyes are all squinty in this one (hate getting my photo done!)


The stats -
Field study (patina colourway)
natural cotton
pomegranate sashing Klona cotton
backed with pink cotton sheeting
binding - Valentina Ramos vines 
Hand quilted in grid pattern with white perle cotton
Sashing hand quilted with DMC fluorescent light effects in pink. 
Made with love and time!


11 comments:

  1. Brilliant and so lovely to see you enjoying it! Love the hot pink sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great.. good effort all round x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you enjoying your quilt! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gushed quite a lot over this already so you know I adores it! But you forgot to say how big it is - naughty girl. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that you have a quilt of your own now! Enjoy! That coloured slashing really warms the whole quilt up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has turned out really well and I like the way that you have quilted it. Enjoy. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really does look amazing, and the hand quilting looks fantastic. So glad that it is your very own quilt now

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful, I can't believe you did all that hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - this looks fab..... great hand quilting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is just lovely and the hand quilting is divine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!