Saturday, 1 June 2013

fresh sewing day and more!

I think I have just made it in time to squeeze a wee blog post in on this 1st of a new month. June already!!!! Time flies.

I am joining up with Lily's Quilts to tell you what I have been working on over the last month of May. I haven't had many finishes at all but I have become involved in something very worthwhile and exciting.

Here are the finishes for May. 

A baby quilt for my Etsy shop.

Bee blocks for Bee a Brit Stingy queenie of May Catherine.

Bee blocks for Hipbees May queenie Sarah.



custom order for an etsy customer. 


You may remember me writing about joining a new quilting bee last month organised by Lynne at Lily's Quilts.  This group of fellow blogging quilters have joined to form this bee - 



We are being sponsored by some wonderfully generous companies - 



Moda are supplying Fat Quarter bundles each month to make the quilt.
Lady Sew and Sew are kindly supplying wadding.





AND - The companies below are generously donating backing fabrics.  
       

            

      


Isn't that just awesome???!  I am bowled over by the generosity of all these companies.  I am humbled to be part of this also.  To help create quilts made with love and that will bring warmth and comfort to lovely children.  

Have a lovely weekend.
 Collette x

14 comments:

  1. Love all of your projects, but especially the baby quilt - and my bee blocks of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great month of makes there C! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the custom order is rather gorgeous as is of course your churn dash...great month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makes and the siblings together bee sounds a wonderful idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your churn dash and the custom order. Happy sewing in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have achieved a lot in a month. I do like the churn dash quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the greys in the custom oder - I am guessing sewing machine cover??? Or footstool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great month, so excited to be sewing with you in ST Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the baby quilt! The custom order is exciting!!! Can't wait for the STQB to get started - I've seen Lynne's block and it's gorgeous!

    P.S. Your block for Sarah is stunning - I'm going to 'Pin' it. If that's not okay just shout and I'll remove it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the churn dash quilt. The siblings together bee is great - I missed out on the first one so joined a second one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Churn Dash - all my fav colours!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks very much for stopping by my blog and for the follow! You have a great blog here, love the baby quilt it's such pretty colours. I'm glad to see you're in the siblings together quilting bee, look forward to following how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the churn dash - one of my fav blocks! The custom order is gorgeous - show me more!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!