Saturday, 6 July 2013

A long week.....

Hello everyone!  Well how are all those parents out there coping with their little darlings being off for the summer break???

Me?  I am surviving just about.   Although I am having terrible sewing withdrawal symptoms. I forgot how hard it is to get any sewing done with an 8 and 6 year old around to entertain.

We have had rainy days at the start of the week,  a trip to Tesco to spend pocket money, a trip to the park, a visit to grandparents and lots of playing in the garden since the sun and heat arrived back.


Yes they have coats on but there was a v chilly wind that day before the heat arrived again!  

We also had lunch outside yesterday which was our first proper al fresco lunch of the summer!  

Sewing has been sketchy this week.  Although I have been cracking on with this epp project - 



I have no idea what to do next but I just wanted to try it out!  Do you ever get ideas that you just need to experiment with? 


I received some more of my bee blocks from Bee a Brit Stingy chum Karen from Blueberry Park.  Karen designs and screenprints the most gorgeous fabric and has included some here in her blocks for me!  


Fellow Scot, Sheila Bluepatch Quilter is queen bee for this month and asked for beachy colours, blues, aquas oranges acid green for this months blocks.  I love this colour combo!



So that is all from me for now folks!  I think that is everything!  I will be watching the Wimbledon men's final tomorrow cheering on my fellow Scot Mr Murray, although he is v nerve wracking to watch! 
Collette x



6 comments:

  1. Well done on surviving week one! You break up really early in Scotland, we've got another 2wks to go yet. And then I'll be counting down the 6wks until they all return/start school!!!! Hoping to fit in some sewing soon - got lots of things to finish!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, how many left? Does that mean they go back in August? I've got 2 and a half weeks to go, I'm hoping our house may be back to a new normal by then too! Gorgeous blocks, enjoy the tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully my two don't need any entertaining (19 and 16)just driving around to places for the youngest. Good luck with the hols

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee for better weather!
    My blocks look yummy, thank you.
    And let's hope we can hear each other cheering this afternoon, brace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I have an 11 year old walking around the house like his right arm has been cut off because the social aspect of his life is suddenly cut dead with school out. Doesn't help that he's an only child either, though it is harder to fight with himself, I admit! Hang in there, pray for sunshine and keep at that lovely embroidery you're experimenting with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the entertaining - your new project is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!