Tuesday, 30 July 2013

have you heard???

I am always looking for great fabric shops and recently discovered Lady Sew and Sew.  After joining the Siblings Together Quilting Bee, I learnt that Lady Sew and Sew would be providing us with some wadding to make our quilts!



How generous is that??? I couldn't believe it and am so thankful for their generosity.  It really is a great website and at the moment they have a fantastic sale on.  Lots of AMH and Amy Butler prints among many for excellent prices.  I have been looking but resisting at the moment!

Also a huge thank you to Brenda from Pink Castle fabrics for supplying the backing fabric!


I also got my block made for this month.  It is my turn to organise the quilt design and send out the fabric etc.  Lynne (Lily's Quilts) sent me a wonderful bundle of Road 15 by Sweetwater fabrics for Moda.  It is beautiful.  I love the colours and the prints. So fun!

I came up with this block from a tutorial online.  They are woven ribbons blocks with sashing so that when all 12 large blocks are put together this gives the effect of lots of little blocks.   I added Kona slate for the sashing which I really like.

So my packages are going out tomorrow.


So please pay Lady Sew and Sew a wee visit if you get the chance and see what fabric delights they have on offer!  You will be pleasantly surprised.










       

            

   

5 comments:

  1. At least I have had a bit of practice Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely block! Excited to get my package, can't believe we're onto august already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo 3 cheers for Lady Sew and Sew, look forward to receiving a package from you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block choice and great backing too! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!