Friday, 26 July 2013

My week of sewing

Hello everyone!  I am still surviving the school summer holidays ( just about ).  The kids are driving me potty but they do that at the best of times.  I would quite like a cattle prod or something to just poke them with now and again!

So this week I haven't managed a huge amount of sewing.  I have a commissioned cushion cover I am working on -


I have two more of these stars to make and then diamonds to add around the outer of each star.  Then I will be sewing to the main background by applique.   I will show more as it progresses!

I have finished my Hipbees block for July too. This is for the lovely Tanya who is making a quilt for her wee girl's birthday!  Tanya provided the aqua and red prints and said we had free reign.  It was a really fun block to do and I hope Tanya loves it!


I also got some new Moo minicards. I bought some before but they have ran out.  This time I went for one of my own handmade items.  And what better than a close up of my glorious Hipbees quilt.  Thanks ladies!


And last but by no means least it is my month to organise the August Siblings Together quilting bee quilt.  Lynne from Lily's Quilts sent me (from Moda) a fat quarter bundle of Road 15 by Sweetwater fabrics.  It is such a lovely fabric and great colours.  I am in the process of cutting and planning and will be posting out wee packs to the other girls at the beginning of next week hopefully!  


That is all for now I reckon!  Have a great weekend everyone.
Collette x



7 comments:

  1. Ohh - so much loveliness in one post!!!! I love your EPP - can I ask if you made your own templates or are they Paper Pieces? I was thinking of taking a EPP project on a camping holiday and really fancy the diamonds! And I love the Road15 - can't wait to see what plans you have for us :) Oh, and I'm with you on the kids front, but survived week 1 :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to make a fab cushion and at least you can EPP wherever you are! Tanya will love the block you've made for her x

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEP seems to be a summer thing. I like the block for Tanya and I am struggling with mine (help).
    Cattle prod for children - excellent idea!!! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh can't wait to see what you come up with for ST! Oh the responsibility of it all :) Your hip bees block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea ready and waiting for the ST block - just what will you throw at us apart from lovely fabrics!?

    Love your EPP and the tree block is cute! Have a similar plan in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - my block looks lovely..... you are sooo clever, thanks so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what the ST block is! Love the block for Tan and the commissioned cushion - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!