Friday, 30 August 2013

How was your week?

Happy Friday everyone and what a quick week it has been here!  On Wednesday I taught my first ever EPP class at a local haberdashery/fabric/wool store.  It went really well!  I am so pleased and the ladies are lovely and very keen.  Phew!

This was our class sample.  We are making the EPP pattern and the cushion cover ( just an envelope closure so nothing too hard).  This week the ladies are choosing their fabrics they would like to use to make their cushion.  I can't wait to see what they all choose!



I hand quilted my cushion because this will eventually be in my house and I wanted to have at least one hand quilted cushion.   

I have also been doing a wee embroidery project in the evening just to relax and take my mind off things in the news and the lead up to my first wee class.  This pattern is from Urban Threads.  I am still unsure about Mr Bee's metallic eyes but the kids like them so they will probably stay!
A wee tip for metallic dmc embroidery floss -  use shorter lengths than normal as it does begin to wear quite quickly going in and out the fabric. 



I have two bee blocks to make for the Hipbees as soon as I can also.  The lovely Fiona sent this gorgeous Amy Butler fabric and has given us freedom of choice to make our own 12.5 inch block!  I love the greens in these fabrics so much!  It will make a beautiful quilt!


Sarah from Sew Me sent gorgeous fabric to make concentric square blocks.  Love the teapots and can't wait to get started on these! 



Time for my second cup of tea of the morning!  Have a great weekend everyone.
Collette x






9 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad your first class went well :) the cushion looks lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first class went well. Cushion is gorgeous and that embroidery is so cool. Must check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your class - the cushion is really cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your first class, glad it went well and the cushion looks fab. Looking forward to seeing your bee blocks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the class - your project looks fab! Hope they continue to run smoothly. Love the bee! Looks like you'll bee busy with those blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your class..looks like a lovely project. Where are you teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased for you that your class went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cushion looks fabulous, enjoy your class and I'm sure your ladies will too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cushion is gorgeous. I'm sure your ladies will be delighted with their makes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!