Tuesday, 3 September 2013

A grey day

Hello everyone!  Today the weather is damp and very grey.  Not ideal weather for taking photos of items.  So the photos here aren't the best.  But you just have to go with it and hope that the light improves ( although Autumn is on it's way so I doubt it will!).

Over the last few days I have been piecing together the wonderful Siblings Together Quilting Bee blocks that I received from all the lovely members.  I plan to do an official post on this quilt with much better photos once I have finished the quilt.  However, here is my progress so far.



Last night I pin basted the quilt and marked it with a Hera Marker for quilting.  I am going for very easy simple quilting on this one as it is my domestic machine I will be using and this is a heavy quilt.

I will be adding a black and white border using the fat quarters that were left from the black and white fabrics.

Last week I purchased a Sarah Fielke class on Craftsy.  In this class she teaches needleturn applique.  I have tried this before but not really following any wonderful instructions.  Sarah's instructions and method is brilliant and very straightforward.  I would say that you still have to practise the actual needle turning technique but I certainly found this a great way to do it and looks fab!  It is also a great way to use up those little scraps that we all keep! ( just in case!) .


So today I am planning on tackling some of the quilting on the ST quilt and doing some last min class prep for my Epp class tomorrow.  Week 2 and we are choosing fabrics, learning how to use a rotary cutter safely, and fussy cutting.  Then EPPing our pattern together!  A busy lesson.

Take care
Collette x




8 comments:

  1. Love that quilt!! Your sashing colour is perfect. Good luck with your next class - told you they'd love it and you'd be grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt is great and love your needle turn birdie. Good luck with the next class and not to make you feel bad but we have glorious sunshine here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is looking superb Collette - can't wait to see it finished (no pressure though!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt. Really must get me some of that fabric!

    A grey day? Beautiful here sorry;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt. Really must get me some of that fabric!

    A grey day? Beautiful here sorry;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks great and I love your bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That needle turn is quite soothing once you get going with it. Looking good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt looks amazing! Fab choice! And yeah to applique - Sarah is great on Craftsy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!