Thursday, 24 October 2013

Lazy lumps and time travel...

My two kiddos are lazy lumps in the morning just now!  I have went from having children who were up at the crack of dawn to a 9 and 6 year old who I have to drag out of bed.  My theory is that it has something to do with these darker mornings.  It is incredibly dull and dark up here until at least 8am and I think their wee body clocks aren't happy!

So thankfully the clocks change this weekend which I think means lighter mornings but evenings will be darker earlier, boooooooo.   But the best thing??? An extra hour in bed.  Sheer luxury!  Can't wait! Can you?

I treated myself to a little gift today.

I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the next few days.  I shall be postie stalking!  So does anyone have this pattern?  Has anyone made this quilt?? I would be very keen to hear from you and for you to share your experience.

As you know I love hand work so I think I am going to love this!

I have been working on a commission for a baby quilt this week in between teaching my class.  The customer asked for a progress shot so here is a sneaky peek for you.  The lady chose the colour schemes and fabrics with my assistance of course!

Isn't it lovely??  I love everything about this.  There will be sashing and a border in grey.  The Art Gallery fabrics particularly are just so soft.  If you haven't used them before I would urge you to give them a go.  These are so soft and smooth to touch and just beautiful to work with.


edited to add**** new fabric shop Lisnaweary Quilts is offering free UK shipping until midnight Monday 28th October.******

I am off to welcome the dog and OH back from their walk and make tea, but not green!
Talk soon
Collette x

3 comments:

  1. My two were such early risers for so many years that I think it is great when they have a lie in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with Green Tea - its such a lovely pattern! I saw one at Retreat and it was just stunning - it's on my bucket list but I need to build up some confidence first with the hand sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love doing green Tea and Sweet Beans - I have been slogging away for months, doing bits and bobs of it by hand and i love it. The blocks are all really great to do and the instructions tell you everything you need to know.

    Mine should be finished early next year, though it really doesn't matter as it is so enjoyable to sit and work on in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!