Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Wednesday workings......

Wednesday is my teaching day but I actually thought in advance and prepared this post for today!  It isn't like me to be so organised and I am sure it won't last!

Here are some of my current works in progress.  I have others but haven't made enough progress on them to warrant a photo.

The first pic is the front of a Christmas cushion cover.  Some of the ladies in my current class has suggested that they may like to make a Christmas project next and I thought it would be a great chance to try out a quilt block such as a pinwheel.  A great intro to half square triangles !

This will be a class sample when finished and is using Quilter's Linen and the remains of a Winter's Lane charm pack from Moda.
The second picture shows what I have started using the Green Tea and Sweet Beans pattern I bought last week.  I am in love with this pattern and am taking forever choosing little pieces of fabric.  I am enjoying the hand piecing.  It is time consuming with templates etc but I like to have a little bit of quiet evening sewing so this is perfect for me.

The light block is the Wedding chain block and the two littlies are propeller blocks.  Cute aren't they?

Thursday is about Bee blocks.  I hope to get caught up and have photos to share on Friday!
What are you currently working on at the moment?
Collette x

2 comments:

  1. I love the green beans pattern and I'm thinking about it for my next hand stitching project to take on my travels. Nice fabric selection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to sit at night and piece the Sweet Beans and Green Tea blocks! I think I told you that, didn't I??:):)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!