Thursday, 3 October 2013

What a week!

This week has been a bit crazy to say the least.  On Sunday my mum was taken into hospital with trouble breathing (she has COPD).  I wasn't able to visit until Monday night as she was in the high dependency unit.  I visited on Monday night, as did my Uncle and brother and his wife.  She had a full house and was looking pretty good.  Then Tuesday she was back home!  Just like a whirlwind.  Suffice to say she is ok now but her medication has been upped etc but the worry is over for now at least.

My first mini quilt class was on Wednesday and went really well.  We had one new lady and the previous group from my EPP class.  This is the class sample of the size of quilt we will be making and charm sized squares.  The ladies have chosen some gorgeous fabrics which I will reveal soon!


I wanted a fresh, modern look with my sample and echoed the texture of the Sketch fabric with my quilting design. 

I took part in the Stamp It Up Swap recently too.  My secret partner I had to make for was Erin!  So I made my rubber carved stamp and came up with a mug rug.  I really enjoyed the stamping and carving and would like to do more when I get some time. 


I received the most wonderful frame purse from Kris in the swap.  All the way from Germany!  Don't you just love it??  I love the fabrics, the frame itself and the embroidery.  Cutest thing ever! 

 
So what kind of week have you had so far??? 
Collette x

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your mum is home and feeling better, it must have been a scary time for you all!
    What a great swap, I'm a fan of your mug rugs (although mine is a wine rug!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your Mum is doing better. Lovely swap items both sent and received. As for my week. Hospital visit with my Mum too - nothing so dramatic and a two day VAT inspection. So not all fun so far ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fright with mum! Glad to hear she's doing better and that your classes are obviously a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Glad your Mum's home again now. Sounds as though your classes are going down a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not as eventful as yours! Great wee purse you have from Kris! Hope you do more stamping and enjoy it - love your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your mum is ok. Each week seems busier than the one before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor mum, and poor you - but glad all is now well. Pleased your classes are going so well too xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!