Monday, 13 January 2014

buzzy bee

At last I have managed to get caught up with all my quilting bee blocks!  I really seemed to lose the plot with these for a few months there but I am glad to say I am back on track!

Janet of Bee a Brit Stingy asked us to make some very scrappy stars.  These are fun to make and a great way to use up all of those little scraps of fabric.

The tutorial we used for these is here.

The lovely Lucy from Charm About You asked us to make butterfly blocks.  There was a choice of two blocks.  One was foundation paper pieced and the other just pieced.  I opted for the pieced blocks and am delighted with them!  This quilt will be for her middle daughter and I am certain it is going to be stunning.  Lucy chose a gorgeous colour palette of blues, purples, pinks, lilacs and wanted vintage feel fabrics.  I may even make some of these for my daughter!


I enjoyed using some Pam Kitty in the periwinkle and some Darlene Zimmerman fabrics for these two.  If you take at Lucy's blog she will show you how to make them!

Take care 
Collette x


6 comments:

  1. The butterflies are very cute and those scrappy star blocks have been on my to do list for ever. One of these days I really will make them. Good job catching up your bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these blocks are lovely dispite being totally different. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scrappy stars and I'm seeing beautiful butterflies all over the place, so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrappy stars get me every time! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!