Thursday, 23 January 2014

Learning new things....

So this week has been busier than usual as I had a new English paper piecing class starting.  I have three lovely ladies in this relaxed class who are all lovely and excited about it!  Always a great start!

Last week I managed to get my first project made from my Carol Doak foundation paper piecing Craftsy class.  It is literally like having Carol in your house and one to one teaching.  She is soooo good.

So I have made this little mini wall hanging top so far.  I love it!  It is called Sunflower fun ( by Carol).

I can't wait to try out the next project.  Another Saturday night Foundation piecing party for me!







I also seem to have become a little obsessed with feedsacks and repro prints at the moment.  Last week I bought these lovelies from The Eternal Maker and adore them.  They aren't the easiest to come by here in the UK which is a bummer!



I am hoping to use them in my Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt somewhere as they are so lovely and special.

What have you been working on lately?
Collette x

6 comments:

  1. Paper piecing is ace for precision. You look as if you have really 'got it'. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block and those fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are beautiful, will be checking those out and I love that mini wall hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block looks lovely and neat. The fabrics will be great in the GTSB quilt as the design suits small prints like these.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!