Thursday, 9 January 2014

Off centre log cabin for Hipbees



Hello all!  This month is my turn to organise the Hipbees block of the month and I have sent out strips of lovely fabric to turn into one of these gorgeous off centre Log Cabin blocks.

The above diagrams are for the Hipbee lovely ladies.  These tell them the sequence in which to sew the strips I have already posted to them.

So Hipbees - please use 1/4 inch seam allowance throughout.
The block should be 12.5 inch square unfinished.
Please press all seams open if possible.

Each strip in your parcel has been pre-cut to the required strip size.  On the wrong side of each strip should be a letter A, B, C, and so on ( will iron off as frixion pen).  This keeps your strips in the correct order.
Please sew according to above sequence. For example, sew square A to square B ( finger press or iron the seam open).
Sew unit A+B to strip C.
Sew unit A+B+C to D and so on in a clockwise direction.

I hope these instructions are ok for you.  If you need to know the strips lengths for any reason just e-mail and I will forward the numbers to you.
I can't wait to see all these blocks come together into another special Hipbees quilt for me!
Thank you again!
Collette x
TUTORIAL CAN BE FOUND HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Wow impressive diagram and organisation. Now I just need to remember not to iron the strips before I join them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm....I will try and do what Sarah says not to do!! Looking forward to the postie coming. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the fabric arriving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are going to look fabulous all together. Thanks for a great tutorial and organising the fabrics so well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!