Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Saturday night party!

Hello!  Well how did you spend your Saturday night?  Out for dinner with friends?  Watching a movie with your OH? 

Well I had my first Foundation Paper Piecing party with Carol Doak!  Not in the flesh as you many have gathered but online via Craftsy.


They had a sale on their courses recently and I decided to feel the fear and do it anyway.  I have never really tried to get to grips with this method before but can see how precise and accurate it is. 

So Saturday night was spent with Carol making my first, proper paper pieced block called Bird of Paradise. 

 
It is a teeny wee block of 3" x 3" and so cute.  Guess what?  I loved the method!  You have to think about what you are doing but it was most enjoyable. 

Obviously it is only my first but we all have to start somewhere don't we??

So have you been learning anything new this month?  Have you been facing any crafty fears and doing it anyway?

Here's to getting out of our comfort zone and trying something new!

Feel free to share !  I am off to watch some more of the course for now!
Collette x

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first paper piecing, sometimes it can be a faff but almost always the results make it worth the effort (I'm sat here now prepping for some paper piecing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant first go! I love paper piecing but alway it takes me a few seams in to get the rhythm of it - stitch, press, trim, stitch, press,trim .... The results are so much fun. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paper piecing...something to do with the fact that it will look just like the picture. Tartan kiwi and quiet play who are both on Craftsy have some great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt to foundation piece using a Carol Doak book so I imagine her Craftsy class is amazing! Love your little block - well done on conquering a fear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to spend a Saturday night! I am a fan of PP as it is so precise. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love crafty classes! Relearnt how to make my schoolhouse blocks after too long a break - it was quite painful ie lots of unpicking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love paper piecing - very relaxing. Yours looks lovely and like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!