Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Feeling like a proud mama!

Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I recently started teaching patchwork and quilting in my local sewing shop.

I have a morning and afternoon class one day a week currently and the ladies are doing so well.  I feel like a proud mum!

The afternoon class is newer and I will be showing off their beautiful hand quilting next week.  The morning class are a little further along in their quilting journey and are making stunning table runners.

It is so wonderful to see the ladies coming on and trying out their own projects at home too.  I love how their confidence is developing and their ability too.  It is such fun and each Wednesday flies in! 

This is Elizabeth's runner so far.  The border and sashing is more of a coral colour with some gorgeous oriental fabrics mixed into the blocks.  Basted and ready for quilting!

Jenny in this photo is adding sashing strips and a border.  I love the colours and mix of fabrics she has chosen.  Oh and she made us all tablet too which was a bonus!!

So next week look in for a glance around the afternoon class and what those ladies have been creating!

I have been working on some quilting this week too.  It is a secret project which will be revealed around the end of March but here is a sneaky peeky.
I am doing all over quilting using the Serpentine stitch setting on my sewing machine.  I am loving the look of it so far!

Oh and also I am having a giveaway very, very soon.  I really want to do it once I get to 100 followers but I may just go ahead and run it before.  All will be revealed on Friday!  Watch this space!

Collette x



5 comments:

  1. well done x seems like we have new members of this wonderful sewing community x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - and knowing what Tablet is, I am even more jealous of your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who supplies tablet is a winner in my book ;) Great work Colette and loving the sneaky peek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tablet too...and that Serpentine stitch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!