Monday, 3 February 2014

some finishes from me at last!

Hello all!  Well I missed the first of the month round up at Lily's Quilts at the weekend but I do have some finishes to show you all.

First up is my Hexplosion cushion cover.  There are instructions over at the Fat Quarterly scraps issue e-zine.

My cushion cover is a great way to use up all those little precious scraps that are too small to fit anywhere particular.  You know the ones that you just can't part with yet.

Hexplosion is also a really fun project as you get a suprise as you cut open each hexie!



I also completed my first ever foundation paper pieced project.  This block is from Carol Doak's class over at Craftsy (which I am loving).

I handquilted the block using DMC embroidery floss ( three strands) in matching colours.  I echoed the shapes and love the texture my handquilting adds.

I have yet to find a permanent hanging space so temporarily stuck it to the wall.  Lol!




This week is looking busy with classes to teach on Wednesday and a baby quilt to work on also. 

Speak soon
Collette x


11 comments:

  1. oh wow! they are SMALL ! like both your cushions xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love these.... especially that bottom one. The colours are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 really lovely finishes, worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the FP, that was a hard one as a first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cushions Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paper piecing is addictive once you get into it.... Loads of free patterns online too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!