Friday, 14 February 2014

tissues and trimmings

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!  We really don't go in for it much here in this household.  My other half says that every day is Valentine's day with him ( snigger).

So Jacob and Emma have been off for the Scottish February break and I have spent most of my time entertaining them.

We visited friends, my folks and had a lovely Carvery lunch out too.  A few quilt dens were made on the days when the weather was truly awful.

I have been doing some secret sewing which has been fun and is almost done. 






I also bagged a bargain from the lovely Katy ( I'm a Ginger Monkey).  Gorgeous Tula Pink fabric!  This is being hoarded for something very special ( I just need to think of what first - ha!).

Oh and some knitting.  I am almost finished this neck cowl and can't wait to wear it.  I am very proud of my first piece of ribbed knitting.  This is the woman who said she would never knit! It is a lovely chunky, tweedy wool and so soft. I think it is Connemara by Sirdar.



Have you been trying anything new out?? Do tell.  Oh and I am plotting a little giveaway for when I reach 100 followers so watch out for that!  (only five away).  
Collette x

8 comments:

  1. When you think of something, let us know. I have a stash of Tula fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you al hd fun - guessing Half Term will mean loads of quilt camps here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilt camps sound like fun! I've just done my first stitching on evenweave (only used aida before) and I think I may be addicted...after just ten minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my own fabric stamps in a workshop at the weekend... Tim said I should bin the whole mess that I made!! Not very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried anything new but keep toying with embroidery: there's so many beautiful examples on the internet, I know that I will be persuaded one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing new here. I keep thinking I should do something new rather than the same old same old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just trying to get back on my sewing horse but learned how to shirr this week #stoked

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of your Malka D quilt - can't wait to see it! You sound like you have a husband like mine too! XX

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!