Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Lots to share!

What is it about this time of year that seems to make blogging on a regular basis hard?  I think a combination of better weather and kids finishing for Summer soon definately contributes! 

So I have been busy over the last few weeks and just wanted to share some of what I have been making.

Emma has been doing some making all of her own.  You may have heard of these Loom Band things.  They are basically rubber bands which you kind of weave into cool wee bracelets and then wear.

She caught onto it really quickly and has had fun making a few.





I have been doing a fair bit of hand quilting too.  I love all types of hand quilting but for this feather I felt it really needed a fine thread and not perle to achieve the small curves and detail.  So I chose some Aurifil 28wt which is beautiful to work with and gives just enough definition to achieve the quilted look. 
I have also been quite inspired by some of the hand quilted wholecloth quilts of many moons ago and decided to draw my own very small motif to hand quilt.  Here is a pic of the work in progress -


Oh and I purchased a few more pieces of gorgeous Tula Pink fabric.  I am keeping this aside for a summer english paper pieced project.  As you know I love EPP and it is especially great for Summer as it is so portable and no machine is required!


So there you have it!  I think I am all up to date now.  

I am off to do some class preparation.  This will be our last course and then we break up for the Summer hols to return in September again.  

Collette x

6 comments:

  1. Loving your hand quilting especially the feather. Not a skill I'm very good at I confess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand quilting is amazing!! And, yes, this is a very busy time of year. I am a bit stressed with everything going on just now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your hand quilting projects are really moving on. Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hand quilting Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hand quilting Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your hand quilting is incredible! I bow down. I am not worthy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!