Monday, 9 June 2014

Blooming Summer!

Blooming in a good way of course!  I finally got my Full Bloom wall hanging bound.

This is a class sample for my morning ladies.  We are currently on the Log Cabin basket of Yoyos and they are having fun!




 I hand quilted some of the quilt but didn't want to go overboard as the Applique and piecing speaks for itself.  I used some pearl cotton and some Aurifloss for hand quilting too.  I am so pleased with how it turned out and very excited for my ladies to finish their own creations too.   The flowers and clam shells were influenced by the amazing Jen Kingwell but I added my own touches with the hexagons and diamonds. 


 While working on the EPP pattern by Quirky Granola girl, I had a constant medley of Star Wars music running through my head!  I saw the #patchworkdeathstar on Instagram ( my user name is Poppypoochie if you want to follow me there - you can also see lots of other brilliant deathstars and one using Liberty fabrics!). 

My 9 year old Jacob loves Star wars so I knew I had to make it for him. 

It was a little fiddly in parts due to the curves but I managed and just need to Applique it onto the background fabric. 



And last but not least a Spot approved work in progress.  I tried out some reverse Applique which I found very straight forward ( must be all that needle turn practise!) and added some quilting, then some embroidery and I still have more to go. 

This is one of those little experimental things that I am loving but just going with the flow.  At least the dog approves!
I am off to check the rain has stayed off as I have washing on the line!  Here's hoping!  Till next time.
Collette x



8 comments:

  1. Full bloom is gorgeous! What is the aurifil floss like? The Death Star is awesome and the heart is so pretty! It's bucketing down here so hope your washing is ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basket is adorable - I love how colorful it is. Great use of pattern and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! Sounds like you're well into the swing of teaching. Your students are lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that basket full of Suffolk Puff flowers! I'm looking forward to seeing what your students make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the Death Star - I have a Star Wars loving nephew, might file this away, yours is brilliant BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening! obat penghilang tato

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!