Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Are you a Star Wars fan?

If so then I recommend you head over to Quirky Granola Girl's blog for her awesome pattern for an English Paper Pieced Death Star.  Yes, you heard that right, a Patchwork Deathstar!!

I found out about this through the wonders of Instagram ( you can follow me @poppypoochie).  My boy ( like so many) adores all the Star Wars films and was super excited when I suggested I make him one. 

He is now the proud owner of his very own Patchwork DeathStar cushion!

I quilted the cover using my favourite grey (2605) Aurifil 50wt thread.  It is a great shade of grey and has lasted me for ages!  I think the colour works very well with grey background fabric.  This is a Painter's Canvas by Laura Gunn in Slate. 



Now my Emma has put in an order, but not for a DeathStar.  She wants a butterfly!

Collette x

3 comments:

  1. The whole Star Wars thing has always passed me by but this is brilliant and I do understand why your son was keen for you to make it! Looking forward to seeing a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would rather have a butterfly although every time I see your death start I start singing the music they play during the film in my head lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing, that background fabric is just perfect. EPP butterfly or I've seen a few paper pieced ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!