Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Feeling hot, hot, hot! and some bee blocks!

That song by the Merrymen (you tube it if you don't know it) has been going round in my little head for weeks!  The hot spell of weather has meant very little sewing but lots of outdoor fun for the kids.

Now that the Scottish Summer is nearly over and the kids are almost back at school, I managed to get a few bits and bobs sewn up.

The lovely Helen is July's Queen Bee in the Hipbees and posted some beautiful, vibrant, Amy Butler Lark fabric!

So using a great tutorial over at Fluffy Sheep Quilting, I got them sewn up yesterday.  They will make an awesome quilt of sparkly stars, won't they?






I managed to get my paws on some of the lovely arrows from the Cotton and Steel fabric everyone has been raving about.  Also some gorgeous thistles by Anna Maria Horner and another piece by her!  Currently I have no idea how I will use them but for now they can just be petted!

So the next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for me.  I have some new classes to plan for.  In the morning we will be making a scrappy Irish Chain quilt and learning about strip piecing.  In the afternoon we will be tackling patchwork tote bags! 

I have also been working on my Big Stitch Swap goody for my lovely partner.  Being me it involves hand quilting and a lovely big Dresden plate.  That is all I am telling for now!

Oh and Emma and I made our free gift from the first issue of Quilt Now.  She really enjoyed this and it was a quick, easy, fun make with everything you need in the little kit.  The magazine is pretty awesome too.  A really good read with so many gorgeous photos and great ideas!  I particularly enjoyed the first reader's review (wink, wink) and am looking forward to seeing who is up next and what they have been testing!  It is good to read reviews by people who have actually used the product and came to their own conclusions.

So now I must leave you for a much needed cup of tea and biccie.  I will leave you with a photo of Emma and her wacky sense of humour!
Collette x

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture .. and the strawberries x I havn't made mine yet xx Have to say Scotland has done us proud with The Games x LOVING it xx.. and showing the WORLD it does NOT rain here ... all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Great blocks and gorgeous fabric stashing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strawberry picture. Can't believe your summer hold are nearly over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric choices and loving your bee blocks and that dresden. Umm why do Scotland have earlier summer holidays? It'll be a very long drag until Christmas. Or do you get Christmas hols in October? ;-) Loved the reader review bit in Quilt Now. You're right it's good to get a review from a real person and not a sponsor who will of course only say good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving how your blocks turned out! Your stitchiness is just gorgeous - can't wait to see where this ends up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making my blocks and your big stitch swap looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!