Monday, 25 August 2014

10 Quilty Little Secrets

13 Spools 


While drinking my morning tea, I noticed my online chum, Jan (Isijem) had confessed to some sordid, little quilty secrets.  So I headed over to read Amy's (the original secret sharer) list and then Mr Sparkles at Molli Sparkles and grabbed the button there too.

So here is my list of quilty confessions -

  1. I love brown.   There I said it!  ( dodging the bullets)
  2. I am not Batik prejudiced.
  3. I can't sew a zipper to save my life!
  4. Once our puppy peed on a quilt block when I was doing a layout on the floor!
  5. I am completely self taught thanks to the wonderful wonders of youtube among other internet tools.  
  6. When I first started quilting I used the cheapest thread you can find and poly wadding - you know the super lofty, cheap as chips stuff!   Nasty!
  7. I will now only use Aurifil threads because they are excellent quality and love Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting. 
  8. I will often choose to hand quilt over machine quilting. I prefer the look (gasp!)
  9. I do not iron clothes but will happily press quilt seams ALL DAY!
  10. I cut my own EPP templates as I refuse to buy something when I can make them myself.

Feel free to share your list too! 
Collette x

17 comments:

  1. Woop! I've not been able to read your blig for months - it wouldn't load properly. Hello Chrome on the phone, there you are! Numbers 1, 2 and 10 especially resonate with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for brown! and thankful for Chrome !

      Delete
  2. Some great quilty secrets here. Can identify with quite a few. I know exactly what you mean about not buying EPP papers. Although recently I bought my first ever because I want to make an apple core cushion and am not convinced I could do the templates myself! Still baulk at the cost though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh can't wait to see your apple core cushion Jan x

      Delete
  3. I am so with you on 9 and 10! We'll agree to disagree about brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1, 2 and 10 work for me, too. And yes, I am self taught, and youtube can clarify a problem wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what did we do before you tube?!

      Delete
  5. I agree about the batiks. Can't see what's so hated about them, there are some yucky ones but lots of lovely ones too.
    I do iron clothes but wish I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! I think Batiks get a bad press and used well, they can be beautiful, can't they? x

      Delete
  6. From #5 onwards I am the same and totally agree!! I would like to try epp papers because sometimes my lazy cutting means it's not that accurate and I would like to try other shapes! Nice to see a list of positive secrets (except maybe the wee!!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I am sure I will buy papers sometime !

      Delete
  7. Definitely with you on 8,9 & 10

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on most ... 8,9 & 10 are exactly me too. We never iron clothes...the creases drop out if you treat them right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would iron a shirt if needed but that is it hehe x

      Delete
  9. Do you feel better for your confession?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!