Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Big Stitch Swap finish!

Hooray I have a finish!  A while back I joined the Big Stitch Swap.  This swap was organised by Fairy Face Designs and Fluffy Sheep Quilting.  The objective was to make an item featuring some hand stitching; embroidery, cross stitch, hand quilting - you get the idea!

So after stalking my secret (ssshhh) partner I came up with this;



 A Hand Quilted Dresden plate cushion cover.  I don't want to reveal the back as it may give away who my partner is!  I loved making the Dresden and doing all the hand quilting in perle cotton thread.  It is one of those makes you would quite like to keep for yourself.  I view that as a positive though as it means I have invested my heart and soul in making the item! 

I can't wait to see what I receive from my partner, and will be sure to share it with you as soon as I receive it!  Oh so exciting!

I am mostly up to date with all my Quilting Bee blocks now.  I managed to get a quick Instagram photo of these lovely crosses for Amy at Amy's Crafty Shenanigans.  Amy very kindly posted little pre cut packages to all of the us Hipbee ladies.  This resulted in super speedy bee blocks using gorgeous low volume fabrics. 


I think you will agree that Amy shall have a lovely quilt once all her blocks are back with her!

Tomorrow I am off into town for coffee and cake and a little show and tell with my morning class ladies.  I am hoping they have finished off their Full Bloom wall hangings and I am very excited about sharing their finishes and any new projects with you all!
Collette x









2 comments:

  1. Love the cushion and I have the perfect spot for it if I'm you're partner. :-) It was a great swap wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!