Thursday, 7 August 2014

Coffee, cake and a catch up!

Well yesterday I managed to escape from my beloved children for a few hours.  Colin looked after them while I headed into town to meet up with four of the lovely ladies from my morning quilting class.

We met in a gorgeous little coffee shop called Mamita's and had a little show and tell session too!  Jenny and Elizabeth finished their Full Bloom quilts.  When the course I was teaching finished, they only had some quilting to finish and their binding.

Aren't they beautiful? (please excuse the grainy instagram photos but I didn't take my big girl camera).

This is Jenny's beautiful, fresh Full Bloom wall hanging.

This is Elizabeth's warm, richly coloured hanging.

Elizabeth even added a little ladybird on a leaf to personalise her wall hanging even more! 


I can't tell you how proud I am of these two ladies!  Well all of the people that come to my class.  I still can't believe at times that they want me to teach them! 

So we chatted a great deal about our next course.  The other two ladies are keen to start back again also and we will be learning strip piecing techniques to make a nine patch/Irish Chain quilt!

Watch this space!
Collette x

2 comments:

  1. well... if you are going to escape what better way to spend your time xx lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like my favourite sort of catch up - one with cake! (And fabric, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!