Friday, 5 September 2014

A Friday finish!

I for one am glad it is Friday!  It has been a busy week with school, patchwork classes and just generally trying to keep on top of washing and the drudgery that domestic bliss (ha!) can sometimes be!

I haven't done a huge amount of sewing this week but have started a little project with some hexies.  These are little ones but only form part of something larger.





I also finished up this infinity scarf using the fabulous tutorial by Jessica on her blog Sew Homegrown.
It is a super tutorial and very easy and fast to make.  I bought a fat quarter of this Anna Maria Horner print and pondered what I would use it for, for ages!!!! I knew it would be something for me but I really didn't need another pouch or bag.

So since it is such a stunning fabric and one you want to show off, I figured a scarf for the winter was the way to go!

I hate selfies but I guessed with this I kind of had to!
Really don't like selfies! but here is the scarf!

I used a Kona cotton in my favourite colour of the moment, Wasabi.  I bought both fabrics from the lovely Annie at The Village Haberdashery.  She also helpfully labels the Kona solid so you know which one it is for re-ordering!

So now I am ready for Autumn to arrive here in Scotland.  And to prove my readiness, here is another small purchase just for me.
I have never used this before but heard rave reports about it.  This is the fragranced one and guess what - I like it!  I put a thin layer on overnight on Wednesday and my skin felt and looked fantastic the next morning.  No joke!  I don't plan on using it all the time but maybe a once a week night treatment and if it gets really cold in the winter.

Isn't it lovely to treat yourself ? 
Collette x


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes the drudgery is never ending, innit? LOVE the scarf (you are so cute in it!) and yes, a wee indulgent treat is ALWAYS worth it for the feelgood factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is gorgeous! And I so need to treat myself to some lovely skincare, it's nice to pamper yourself! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf and wholeheartedly approve of your gift to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf and it's great that they label the colours as I never remember what I have. I'm the same with FQ's that don't have any markings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your scarf and yes treats are essential to a happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Collette, bloghopped from Sarah's post. I love hexing, can do it in my sleep now. Yours look great. Love the scarf too. I haven't used the eliz arden face cream but the lip balm and I are inseparable in the winter and the thick Vaseline stuff is good for dry spots.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!