Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Slow Blog Meet Up

 

Hello and welcome to my blog if you haven't been here before!  The lovely Catherine is away just now and has kindly allowed me to host this month's slow blogger meet up!

Last night I got back to my roots after several pieces of deadline sewing (which I am not terribly keen on).  This was about re-discovering why I create and need to - reconnecting with history, enjoying the process, loving making half square triangles, slowing things down, using my pins with pride and remembering that the simplest of tools are sometimes the best, not getting caught up in the rat race of production or trends, making what I love pleases my heart and is true to myself.  

one of my slooooooooow projects!

I love to sew in a slow manner but sometimes I get caught up in that joy stealer called "comparison" and feel unhappy with my inability to "keep up" with the speed of production of other Quilters.

Silly I know.  So when I found Catherine's blog around a month ago and her Slow Blog Manifesto I felt like I had found my home!  My blogging pretty much works in tow with my production levels.  These can be sloooooow as I like to hand quilt and hand sew at times.  How about you?  What have you managed to work on over the past month?  What projects are you taking your time over and slowly enjoying?  Please do feel free to share and link up at the linky here and we can all catch up over a cuppa!
Collette x

9 comments:

  1. Sew when it works and how it works for you. Sod everyone else. I sew in fits and starts - like a mad woman one week and hardly at all other weeks (unless I have a deadline and then I am slightly demented). It is what it is. As long as you are happy doing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally understand. I am taking an online class now, and I am the slowest in the class. However, I have decided that is okay. I am doing it at my speed and that works for me. I want quilting to remain fun, not stressful. I use quilting for stress relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slow project is beautiful! It really is hard to avoid the joy stealing comparison, but it sounds like you've got it figured out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you've got it right. So sad for all those who write quarterly un-do-able lists for themselves and then feel defeated if they don't do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quilt when it fits and when I am inspired...It's kinda slow at the moment, so is blogging...and that's fine! I definitely don't want to rush quilting, it takes the pleasure out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a slow blogger (although not at the moment as I'm busy catching up with myself!), it's lovely to have you among us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Collette, thanks for hosting the slow bloggers linky, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your red and white project, you're very sneaky showing the back of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting the Slow Blogger Linky. I felt the same way when I first read the Slow Blog Manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting! I love your flowery slow project - it's beautiful. Looking forward to seeing where that French General fabric takes you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!