Sunday, 19 October 2014

Sunday Stash!

Hello!  Today I am linking up with the Sunday Stash hosted by Molli Sparkles.
This is my first time linking up so please be gentle with me!  I have had a little bit of a fabric drought lately.  So I splurged last week and purchased these gorgeous Anna Maria Horner prints, Tula Pink vintage stars and Alison Glass fabric.  The colours are so delicious together and I am planning on getting some of the blues in the Anna Maria Horner prints ( the middle three).



One of the things I love about quilting is that it is OK to not stick to one particular style or colour.  I have heard quilters talk about developing their own style and just by looking at a quilt, you would know it is by them.  Well that isn't for me.  I love the sheer variety of fabrics, enjoy some batiks(yes honestly), and have always been attracted to making things according to my mood.  So one day I may be in a pink, girly mood (rarely) and the next I may want to go very traditional and homely.

The French General (Moda) print below is for a Christmas(shhh) tree skirt for my home.  It has been a while since I have made something just for us.  I wanted it to be traditional and found this gorgeous red Aurifloss to go perfectly for hand quilting this project.

 
Molli Sparkles

4 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics! I love that vintage stars one... why didn't I ever buy some of it?

    I think it's good to like a little of everything... keeps it interesting! (I tend to default to a certain style, but then I always wind up making things for other people and buy fabric to suit them, so I've got a lot of things I wouldn't have picked out otherwise, but are still fun to make use of.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely chocies! (I wandered over from the Sunday Stash link up, if you were wondering. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics choices, do you have a plan for any of them? It's interesting what you say about liking a variety of fabrics, I don't have a huge variety of prints in my stash but there are some that have been untouched for a year or so. It's useful to have variety especially when making for someone else I'm often surprised by what others pick out for me to sew with. I look forward to seeing a finished skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours, I agree that mixing and matching fabrics is the best way to define your own style and what you like! Have fun with your hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!