Thursday, 27 November 2014

A finish I can share!!!!

At last I can share my finished Christmas Tree Skirt!  My lovely ladies in my morning class have been busy as bees on their tree skirts ( to be revealed next week hopefully!) and I just had to join in with them.




I bought a gorgeous charm pack of French General Favourites from the fantastic Eclectic Maker.  I made them into half square triangles to show off all the gorgeous fabrics and colours.  I added half a yard of more French General for the borders and a Fat Quarter for the binding.

To construct my borders and achieve the Octagon shape I used this wonderful, quick tutorial by the fun Missouri Quilt Co, ( I love Jenny's Santa hat hehe!).

Me being me, I had to hand quilt this!  I really wanted it to look mega traditional so I added hand quilted grid squares to the half square triangle area and feathers to the border.  In the centre  is a kind of wreath thingy.  I used Aurifil 28wt for hand quilting to achieve that kind of fine, traditional look.  For the feathers I used a loved Aurifil red which helped me achieve the smaller stitches needed to achieve the feathers.

I love it so much and can't wait to get our tree sorted now and get it around the bottom! 

Pictures to follow when it goes up!  (Sunday according to Emma - who is desperate to start decorating it!) .
Collette x

3 comments:

  1. This is a really, really lovely tree skirt. If I find the time I am tempted to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Colette. It will be so much fun to pull out every year and remember all the little stitches you made with love and care.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!