Friday, 14 November 2014

Friday catch up!

So just what have I been doing this past week?  Well life is pretty busy as usual but I have managed to get some sewing done.

 I have been hand quilting feathers onto my French General Christmas tree skirt.  I am using a red Aurifil for hand quilting these and am aiming for a traditional look.  I just love how it is looking!

I also finally got Catherine's Bee blocks done for her month in charge of Bee a Brit Stingy.  Some bright and dark log cabins which were fun to make!

Part of the reason I haven't managed what I would like is because of this.........
This is our new washing machine.  Our old one of 7 years finally gave up and groaned it's way into retirement.  It had been repaired several times over the last year and we weren't spending anymore  money on it!  So catching up on washing has been fun but at least I now have a nice, tidy laundry area!

Last Wednesday one of my patchwork students showed me her beautiful version of the Flower Garden section of my Full Bloom wall hanging.
Isn't it brill?  I love her background fabric and stem fabric and she loved the needle turn applique I taught them! 
Here is a reminder of my original hanging.
Join me on Sunday when I link up with Molli Sparkles to share what is new in my stash!  Hoping it brightens up a bit for some half decent photos!

Collette x



1 comment:

  1. You never stop inspiring me. The hand quilted feathers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!