Friday, 16 January 2015

Fresh and shiny

Sometimes blogging is hard.  It is hard to keep up with all the fantastic writers and creators out there.  Other times it is hard to fit in.  Every now and then, usually after a blogging drought, I reevaluate my reasons for blogging and usually come back to the same answers.

I don't do it for numbers or sponsors (although I would never question those who do - good on them I say).  I just don't have the energy for that.

Blogging is another creative outlet for me.  I need to share my work, warts and all.  I need to share progress,  procrastination,  and in return quilters who blog support each other.

So here I am ready for my blogging journey in 2015.
I started teaching my patchwork classes again a few weeks back.  Mandy walked in with this super duper tray stacker for organising her nine patch blocks.

Isn't it fab?  She got in Spain.
I got some goodies in the Cotton Patch sale.  The purple will be a quilt backing. The others are just because!
I also cleaned and oiled Bernadette too.  
And last but not least, I have been trying my hand at some drop spinning yarn.  It is fun and challenging but so rewarding to see your very own yarn made by yourself!

Next time I hope to share some more of what my lovely students have been learning and some thoughts on my UK Mini swap.
Collette xx

8 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post so much. What you wrote about blogging really resonates with me. Every time I think, 'what am I doing', it comes down to the fact that I blog for ME.:) Thanks for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogging but don't have the energy to post as often as I'd like so when I do I make up for it by being ridiculously chatty ;o) Your yarn looks lovely, have you knitted any yet?

    P.S. A friend has a similar storage box http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/prym-click-box-storage-stack/571033-1000 - I think you can add extra layers on as the boxes click together. Not cheap but it could make a good addition to a birthday list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because fabric is great - enjoy it. I know what you mean about blogging, I seem to blog a lot or hardly any - sometimes I just don't feel the need to but like you I do it mostly for my own record. I frequently refer back to blog posts to refresh on how I did something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think many of us are feeling a bit meh about blogging. But always good to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when the need to share comes over us it is wonderful to have a community that understands ... no explanations needed .. no excuses required .. just folks who understand xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the reasons I don't blog much is due to the time it takes taking photos, loading them onto the computer etc. I'm glad other people take the time as I would miss it if there were no blogs to read. I prefer the friendly, non advertising, hobby sewers type blogs.
    Keep enjoying your sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. With any creative outlet, to love it you have to do it for you. Simples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging is time consuming, but so much more informative than Instagram. I love reading what you've been up to :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!