Tuesday, 17 March 2015

A finish!!!

I know! Pick yourself up off that floor.  I actually finished this mini quilt and am actually blogging it too!



This was for my lovely online friend Debs.  She is an amazing textile artist and quilter and sent me this beauty in a wee swap we decided to do.
So Debs thought a mini would be nice for her studio.  I picked out my yummy bundle of Handcrafted by Alison Glass and made this.


I chose to handquilt this gorgeous fabric inspired by the handcrafted nature of the fabric.  Kantha style quilting seemed appropriate to me.  I used Aurifloss divided into 3 strands for a chunky look.  I also sneaked in a few random lines of a bronze metallic by DMC.
So it is now winging it's way to the lovely Debs.  She has seen the photos and hopefully she will love it in the flesh too!  It was a joy to make!
Collette x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo ans I love the hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful, Collette, and I love the hand quilting :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!