Tuesday, 24 March 2015

A Quilting day trip!

At the beginning of the month a few of the ladies in my patchwork classes and myself went on a visit to the Quilting and Stitching show in the SECC, Glasgow.

I clearly don't get out much.  I mean I spent the best part of almost 7 years studying and working in Glasgow.  But faced with a trip on the train and I began to stress!  Anyway I  made it, all in one piece and we arrived at Central Station and headed down below to catch the link to the SECC.

It was a wonderful exhibition.  I wasn't really there for the papercrafts but definitely was for the fabric stalls.  Best of all was that they have just added the quilting exhibition section to the show and I was thoroughly impressed!

Here are a few photos I managed and remembered to take.



Loved this take on the view of the Clyde.


I adored this too and metallic threads too!


This was stunning.  Embroidered and hand quilted!

 I had a fab time as did the ladies and we all left feeling knackered but inspired and encouraged.  It was lovely chatting to fellow quilters and I even got to meet the gorgeous Jo from My Bearpaw. 

my little haul from Donegal tweed and  My Bearpaw
This is now my little reminder of my lovely day out!


 Collette x



1 comment:

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!