Friday, 10 April 2015

What I have been up to.....

Well Spring has certainly sprung since I last blogged!!
The kids have been off on their Easter break for a week now and have another week to go.
Yesterday we headed to a local park for a cheap morning out.  Duck feeding and observing and park playing in the sun was just what we needed!

When the kids are not as much sewing seems to happen.  But that is ok.
I have managed a few things in the evenings when I haven't been too tired.
Quiet Play pattern


Medallion centre fpp for new course
I finally learnt how to foundation paper piece properly with Carol Doak's excellent Craftsy class.  Something finally clicked in my brain and I really enjoy it!  I never thought I would say that.  I don't like the fabric waste but I love the accuracy and amazing blocks you can make.  I am hoping to teach my patchwork classes this soon!

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely Spring weather.  Until next time!
Collette x

3 comments:

  1. I love paper piecing, too, I have come to accept the wastage! But it opens a whole new world of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an addict of paper piecing .. I find with the measurements that Carole gives it does reduce the wastage x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!