Friday, 22 May 2015

Lurking around....

Hello! I am still here folks.  I have been lurking all week and apologise for a lack of blog news.  Unfortunately my dear mum was taken into hospital last week and just got home yesterday.  She has a long term illness which creates many health problems and is pretty ill but at least she is at home now with my dad.

I have been trying to keep very busy to distract myself from worries in between hospital visits and phone calls. 

On Wednesday, the patchwork ladies I teach began to learn Foundation paper piecing.  They had a little practise to get to know the technique and by the end of the course should have made something like this.
I am going to add some more to this so it is very much a work in progress.





With all the hospital business I was way behind on a bee commitment.  Bee a Brit Stingy are fewer in number this year but we are steaming ahead with our travelling rows.  I made two bright rows of flying geese for Sheila (Bluepatch quilter).  I used an awesome pattern by Jeli Quilts, Queen of Geese.












And last but not least I made a tentative start on my Instagram Handpieced mini swap.  I have since done more than photographed and love it already! #handpiecedminiswap






Until next time...
Collette x

4 comments:

  1. I do hope your Mum is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your Mum is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your Mum is having a rough time. I hope things settle down for you all soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your mam is poorly - hope she's starting to feel better? Love the geese for Sheila and I can't wait to see what you do with Lucy's row!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!