Tuesday, 18 August 2015

What a Summer!

Well the kids have returned to school today (hooray) which means that I can return to a somewhat normal blogging schedule!

This has been one of my busiest summer with the kids.  Our holiday at the start and lots of outings and bike rides in between.  Not much sewing has went on due to it being hot and just not getting the time.


My summer has been creative in a different way though!  I have found it much easier to sketch and paint with the kids around than sew. I have included a few photos of some of my work.  I also have designed a few free wallpapers for your smart phone and laptops and computers.  These are available in my payhip shop.

  Some are made with my original scanned artwork and others are completely digital. 

This has been a huge learning curve for me but very enjoyable and good for my brain!  It is always useful to be learning new skills and techniques.  It keeps my creative juices flowing and inspires me in ways I never knew!

I have also done just a tiny bit of sewing the last few evenings to try out a new technique.  This is called thread sketching.  There is a wealth of info online about this.  Suffice to say it is not as hard as it looks and is great fun and is very forgiving.  If you can free motion quilt or embroider then you can do this.  Even if you can't, a few evenings practicse can give lovely results.  I have been using Aurifil 50wt in a dark grey for this technique and am very pleased with the look it gives!

I plan to use this technique much more in my work and hope to use it as a way in which to incorporate my artwork into my quilts!

I hope you enjoy the photos and look forward to more regular posts from me now the hols are officially over!
Collette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!