Monday, 2 May 2016

Where have I been?

I wonder if anyone still checks in on my blog?  Hello? Is there any life out there?  I must apologise for my lack of blogging since January.  Those that know me will remember my mum passed away last November.  So to be fair on myself I have been dealing with that and my lonely dad.

I have been busy plotting and sewing though! The bills won't go away after all!  You may have come across a few of my latest projects in your issue of Quilt Now.

A super cute pouch with thread spool blocks on the front and lovely mini table runner for your kitchen or coffee table when having friends over for coffee or tea! 

My Dear Doe quilt, which now lives on Jacob's bed and is loved dearly!  Such a great boy's quilt.
My Origami Table Runner also now lives with the kid's!  Emma loves the blue fabric in it!

As well as my magazine work, I have still been teaching during a Wednesday daytime.  Later in the week I want to share some of the many projects the ladies have completed and you will see how far they have come.

I have also been busy decorating the kids' room as it was literally falling to bits.  It took forever, was a hard slog but was well worth the effort.  I even managed to make some storage pods for them,using the great pattern by Love From Beth which can be found over here.


I am planning on spending more time returning to blogging as I find it helps me clarify my thoughts on sewing and quilting and why we do what we do!
So watch out for some more posts over the next week.  Topics featured will be more of my classes work, a political Art Quilt I am collating and maybe a little free tutorial along the way too x
Collette x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!