Thursday, 9 June 2016

sun, horses and fabric

Well what a stunning spell of weather we have been getting here in Ayrshire.  We have had the hottest temperatures (for us) so far this year and even the kids Sport's day at school went ahead as scheduled with idyllic conditions!

So what have I been up to these last few weeks?  I have been out with Emma on the bike, soaking up some rays and meeting some new horses.

Making pouches with fancy pleats using this amazing video tutorial by Patty doo.



My Carkai Mini Quilt has been featured in the latest issue of Quilt Now, which is always exciting.  This is a fun project and teaches you how to tackle partial seams!


Staying with the Carolyn Friedlander fabric theme I even made myself a pencil case from this orphan block I used to experiment with Lu Summer's porthole technique.  I also experimented with some "bubbly" free motion quilting! I love it!
I treated myself to some fabric splurges too from The Village Haberdashery and Eclectic Maker.   
Aren't those mermaids and seahorses precious?
 Oh and I received two amazing blocks for #TheNoQuilt from an awesome IG friend called Miss Gerda.  The pink is NO in Hindi and the green is NO in a Japanese script.  These are just amazing and I will begin assembling the quilt really soon.  I am just waiting on a few more blocks from excellent quilters who have posted them off! We have Persian, Maori and Arabic to come!

So there you go!  Busy times but quilty times!  
Until next time 
Mucho love
Collette xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!