Tuesday, 12 July 2016

sun, sea, sand and sewing

Our wee family were on holiday last week.  We visited a lovely cottage called Penkiln Cottage just outside the lovely (small) town of Newton Stewart.  It was the most relaxed I have felt in a loooong while and it was bliss. 

We did the usual trips to the local ( stunning) beach, a huge country walk around Knockmann Wood, lunches out, book shopping in Wigtown and barbecues back at the cottage.  The kids even saw the sheep on the farm and all the surrounding fields being sheared.

Mossyard Bay


Spike
sheep waiting for haircut
A coo




I have been sewing too and working on something just for myself.  I started this medallion quilt last year for my patchwork class students and I am finally adding some stars to it.

I also finished a Quilt for a magazine commission and can only show you the binding sadly but will give you the full run down once it is published.
So there you go! Sun, sea, sand and even sewing!  Oh and sheep shearing too!  That was fun to watch but hard work for the guys doing it.
Mucho love
Collette x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!