Monday, 29 August 2016

thoughts on blogging

The older I get the more life speeds up.  I am sure this is true for many of us, right?   Are we actually any busier than before?  Maybe the passage of time does actually, literally speed up as we grow older?  Maybe Mr Brian Cox has the answer to that mystery!

Social media is so instant nowadays.  It feels like a kind of "what have you done for me lately?" kind of vibe.  We all post photos of our projects,fabrics and daily lives and receive instant feedback but then I get a feeling of pressure to produce more glam bundles of fabric and works in progress!

Blogging, for me, is a slow, sometimes thoughtful, almost meditative process.  For a while there, it has been very much on the back burner (due to the summer holidays mostly).  However, I feel like I am rediscovering the process.


Blogging encourages me to slow down and think about where I am going, what I am producing and why.

In light of this I have been conjuring up a little mini series on the subject of "Creativity".  I am excited to have a guest post from a fellow creative lady who enjoys all different kinds of creative activity.  Lucy from Skinnymalinky Quilts will be sharing some of the ways she nurtures her creativity over the coming weeks, as will I.

This Thursday I will be sharing some of my creative process and the ups and downs involved.  Let's face it, there are always downs as well as the moments of inspiration!

In the coming weeks I would love for you to get involved.  This week I would love for you to share your creative process.  On Thursday I will leave a link up for the week on which you can share a blog post with a photo or a post on your process, what sparked your creativity off, or even a sewing/creating area photo.  Then we can all visit each other and get even more inspiration or find new things to try!

At the end of my little series I will have a little giveaway for everyone that has contributed via the link or on instagram (link in sidebar) #howtogrowyourcreativity  I am thinking of some fat quarters of fabric!

So join me on Thursday for my first post on how to grow and nurture our creativity!

Collette x

2 comments:

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!