Tuesday, 20 September 2016

What have I been up to?



This has been quite an exciting week for me.  I had my first project published in the October issue of British Patchwork and Quilting magazine!  

This magazine was one of the first quilting magazine's I purchased way back when I was just learning.  There weren't as many wonderful magazines as are available now at my local supermarket.  I probably would have bought them all anyway had they been around!

So to have a project published and beautifully photographed in there is a special wee moment in my heart.
I used some lovely Moda Grunge fabrics in pink and blue.  The yellow was an organic cotton which I loved working with.
The bag features a foundation paper pieced sewing machine and spool designed by myself.  It is an easy bag to make and very sturdy.  Perfect for travelling to classes with your quilting equipment!

I was also lucky enough to have my zipper cushion tutorial published in the latest issue of Quilt Now magazine.  I loved making this cushion and gave it a concealed zipper on the back.  The fabrics are designed by Janet Clare for Moda and are a joy to use and look at!

Remember and pop in this Thursday for the concluding part of our #howtogrowyourcreativity series.  I will be chatting about how to maintain and revive your creativity when you are creative for your job!
Oh and remember the giveaway too!  Drawing the winner sometime on Thursday!
Collette x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!