Sunday, 9 October 2016

Embracing technology in patterns and artwork

Since I posted about my inability to focus, I have indeed been excelling in continuing to be really crap at focusing.  I have been a distracted magpie again by shiny objects.

Those of you that know me, will know how much I love drawing and creating images.  A passion for fabric and patterns has grown out of my quilting endeavours.  So it seems only natural that I would experience a desire to turn some of my artwork into something practical.
linocutting

printed on fabric
In the contemporary world we are overwhelmed with technologies and ways in which to share instantly and create very quickly.  However, within me there is still a need to get my hands dirty and create in a very hands on, traditional manner.  I love to draw with pencil and pens, I am enjoying learning the process of lino cutting and printing,  I love to block print onto paper and fabrics too.  I do love everything that the digital world offers us creative people too.  The ability to scan my little drawing and prints and then transform them into a pattern or an image which I can then rapidly alter the colour scheme of, is honestly exhilarating to me.  It adds another dimension and flexibility to my art that I just have to embrace.
fish, fish, FISH!

lino print


Flight of the moths
So I have been turning some of my lino print art into repeat patterns.  It is a steep learning curve but one I am prepared to work hard at.  It allows me to maintain a hands on approach but then embrace the technology and flexibility the digital world has to offer.  My patterns are available as free desktop wallpapers and also for your mobile devices in my payhip store.  My goal is to actually get some swatches printed off from Spoonflower and use some of them to make some patchwork creations.  I then hope to eventually sell some of them too!
Feel free to download the wallpapers and I truly hope you like them!
Collette x

Spools 'n' tools 
block printed on fabric 


4 comments:

  1. Those prints are lovely, and what a clever idea to turn them into repeats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Sandra! It is fab to get some feedback on them, thanks xxxx

      Delete
  2. Very creative, both Lino cuts and technical repeats. I love the colour of the moths on grey looking forward to seeing your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am enjoying the process and the results. The moths are my fave at the moment. Will need to get some swatches first to see how the repeats and colours etc print as I have not a clue! xxxx

      Delete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!