Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Latest reveals of published works


Finally I can reveal some projects that have I had been quietly beavering away on a few months back.  They have since been published and I am very honoured to share them with you!

First up I made a charm pack friendly table runner for British Patchwork and Quilting.  I used a Moda charm pack by Kate Spain, from her Aria fabric line.  The colours in this line are beautiful.  Lovely and soft greens, blues, reds and the prints are so pretty!  This is a beginner friendly pattern.  I love making patterns for beginners.  We all were in quilting at one point or another and it is great to have straightforward, achieveable patterns to start with.

I love the photography of the table runner.  It really shows off the beautiful fabric.

I was also fortunate enough to have two projects published in this month's issue of Quilt Now.  I made a table runner with  big and little geese and a quilt based on building blocks.

Both were fun projects to make and I was fortunate enough to use some wonderful fabrics for each.




The building blocks quilt is a great pattern for showcasing fussy cut prints or those precious fabrics we all have that we all find difficult to cut up into tiny little patchwork pieces!  It is fun and can be improvisational too. I love the greens in this fabric line!  Oh and being a frugal quilter I used the remainder of the fat eighths to make a scraptastic binding.  I love the quilting on this one.  I used my go to thread, Aurifil 50wt and a serpentine stitch.  I then added a little green/blue handquilting just because I wanted to!



Follow the geese is a large table runner using little geese and larger geese.  In this pattern I show you how to use a no waste method for making a large number of geese in the same fabrics.  The fabric by Cotton & Steel is perfect for this icy inspired blue look! I quilted this using, yes you have guessed it, Aurifil 50wt and this time I added a grid pattern which is fun and simple to do.

Apologies the photos are not the best.  I took them direct from the magazines!

I hope you like the patterns and might even try some of them out! If you do please feel free to share what you make with me.  If you have Instagram then tag me and I will pop over for a nosey! @poppypoochie.  (link in my sidebar).
Collette x




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!